In today’s globalized world, it is not only companies that compete; but also economies and, therefore, the public sector. It is no secret that an efficient public administration translates into social progress and forms a substantive competitive edge for the economy of a country. Corruption and integrity scandals greatly impede this progress and is detrimental to public trust and affect the legitimacy of government.
Building the Right Culture: Leading with Purpose in Government is a 1-day programme that challenges the popular notions of leadership and redefines it into something more personal to facilitate ethical reasoning and action. Specifically, it will help build a cadre of leaders who lead with moral authority inspired by a values-based purpose, leaving a lasting legacy.
Participants will be guided through a powerful framework to clarify two main components of leadership energy – personal values and leadership purpose. This awakening will enable them to stand firm in the face of overwhelming odds and effectively navigate the slippery slopes while keeping their integrity intact.
THIS PROGRAMME MAY BE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR
Uncover the right course of action when faced with real life dilemmas that include:
- What to do when observing ethical breaches by my upward report or the “powerful’ in authority?
- When is it right to bend the rules (big or small) to get things done?
- Should I compromise to fit into a culture that embodies deviant norms or stay true to my values?
- How do I deal with career advancement opportunities or perceived rewards in exchange for turning a blind eye?
- How can I be crystal clear, knowing right from wrong to avoid conflict of interest that may eventually lead to an ethical lapse?
At the end of the programme, participants will be better able to:
- Engage in meaningful personal reflection to define personal values, redefine leadership and uncover sources of long-lasting personal leadership energy;
- Align personal values and purpose to those of the government, and identify why they want to lead within government;
3. Identify risky/opaque situations that can potentially lead to an ethical lapse and act with values;
- Drive ethical decision making within their respective areas of control;
- Shape culture for your departments or visions, or industries to ensure sustainable and ethical growth.