Politics, in their endless variations, are a reality in any organisation. Every day, in companies around the world, a corporate version of “Game of Thrones” is played. And what a game it can be; deceptions, power plays, direct sabotage and turf wars, all threatening to derail corporate results and individual careers alike. The good news is that not all organisational politics are negative. In fact, it is possible to deal with, and manage, corporate politics positively and with high integrity. This helps not just to reduce stress and frustration but also increase chances of being recognised, promoted and/or given required resources and power to accomplish goals. Elevating the savviness of employees in dealing with office politics can aid in reducing churn rate while aligning people towards achieving a company’s goals. This one-day workshop provides a clear overview of organisational politics and arms participants with core skills to manage different political styles. This includes self-assessment of personal political blind spots and learning how to ethically manage issues that are important to individuals as well as organisations. Participants will gain clarity, and important practical strategies, to manage and even harness politics to gain success. **This programme is part of the Accelerate Workshop Series.
Successfully Managing Organisation Politics
Learning ObjectivesAt the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Objectively understand the realities of organisational politics.
- Self-assess current approaches to dealing with organisation politics.
- Learn how to approach organisational politics with high integrity.
- Develop a personal strategy that can be used to successfully navigate corporate politics.
Workshop At A GlanceOverview of Organisational Politics
- Understand the impact of politics on Individuals and their organisations
- Learn about the different political orientations
- Know the difference between Power of Ideas vs. Power of Person
- Watch out for signs of being under or overly political
- Navigate with five core skills
- Do your own self-assessment
- Develop your personal strategy for navigating corporate politics
- Promote yourself with high integrity
Who Should Attend?It does not matter what level you are in the organisation: whether you are a line manager, C-Level executive, entrepreneur, or simply an individual wanting to make a difference, you can learn how to navigate organisational politics more effectively and with high integrity.
Iclif AWS: Successfully Managing Organisational Politics | Michael E Kossler
This workshop is part of the Accelerate Workshop Series
Complete Course (Cover 6 workshops)
RM 9,900 / USD 2,475
Module A (3 one-day workshops + 1 two-day workshop)
RM 7,000 / USD 1,750
Module B (3 one-day workshops)
RM 4,800 / USD 1,200
Single Pass to two-day workshop
RM1,888 / USD475
Please contact our Client Strategists for special discounts or customisations.